Monday, November 24, 2003

Housing Update: Nightly Adventures in Mae Sot.

15 Dec 2002

The only bad side-effect of moving? The 6+ dogs whose territory I crossed on my nightly walks home from Kung's started to ignore me. Now, I live in the opposite direction: different territory and new dogs. There are 10, territory appears to be directly in front of my building. Have to cycle an extra half-mile past to get away from them (cycling encourages them, but I don't really want to stop with them nipping at my back tire). Eventually they get bored and turn back. Now I've taken to growling. Seems to work. I figure 5 days of it and they'll start ignoring me. In the meantime, if you hear of a farang woman that goes around at midnight growling like a dog, that would be me.

Still no phone. Repeating the move-in saga. I wonder if the Stars dictate phone installation?

No comments: